| || || |
Austin Roof Coatings >> Advantages of a Cool Roof
Advantages of a Cool Roof
ASC Epoxy has been tested and greatly exceeds the requirements of the department of energy for being a Cool Roof System.
Over the past decade the department of energy has done extensive research on the advantages of cool roof systems and have positively concluded that by using a cool roof system one can:
- Reduce cooling energy cost by 20% to 70%
- Reduce air pollution
- Extend equipment life
- Reduce the need for re-roofing
ASC Epoxy cool roof system does this by using these two principles:
- High Albedo - ASC Epoxy reflects of scatters over 87% of the amount of sunlight energy that is radiated on it. The DOE considers anything over 50% good and ASC Epoxy has one of the highest in the industry.
- Emissivity – ASC Epoxy radiates over 90%of its stored energy away from it self keeping witch is equally important for having a cool roof. ASC Epoxy cool roof system can save you money on your cooling energy and can extend the life of your roof.
- Cool Roof testing (ASTM C 1549-04, ASTM C 1371-04a)
ASC epoxy protective coatings are all two-part, Co-reacted polymers with superior elastameric properties with product Advantages & Disadvantages suitable on a variety of surfaces including metal, asphalt, modified bitumen smooth and granulated, polyurethane foam, vinyl, PVC, stone, TPO and EPDM rubber.
- Provides long term protection against weathering, abrasion, under creep and has superior resistance to UV oxidation
- Usually requires no maintenance; however, should damage occur, due to construction or maintenance repair is easy, quick, and simple
- Excellent adhesion properties even to damp surfaces with adhesion of product to substrate
- Remains flexible through years of harsh service
- Withstands attack from most chemicals, traffic, and severe environments
- Will not support the growth of algae, mildew, black mold or mussels
- Retains flexibility in sub-zero conditions
- Withstands pounding water and hail damage
- Class "A" fire rating as a fire retardant coating
- Reduces heat transfer and does not allow surface temperatures to exceed 10 degrees above ambient temperatures
- Sustainable roofing system that saves the buyer the cost of removal and disposal of the existing roof
- High Albedo decrease heat and lowers energy cost
- Meets V.O.C. emissions regulations
- Standard and custom colors available
- 10 year extendable warranty available for roofs. Warranties available for other certified AES products